Thursday, July 25, 2013

Just Breathe

Y'all remember how I was so crazy stressed not so long ago, because I was getting ready to pack up a U-Haul with everything I owned, haul my car behind me, listen to my two cats cry the whole way, and move from Texas to North Carolina?

Yeah?

Well, it's done. Finished. Put it in the books.

I've been in North Carolina now for almost a month. I'm all settled in (there are only three unpacked boxes left to go!), I have furniture set up and things on the walls, I've passed the test and got my North Carolina drivers license, and I even have a NC plate on my car. Yep, it's official. I live here now.

And suddenly, that stress is all gone. It feels amazing.

What feels even more amazing is that, about a week or so after I got here, I realized my chest wasn't all tight, and I didn't have a constant headache, and air could move through my lungs. Yeah, that was the stress doing all of that...stress from the move, on top of major stress going on within my family in Texas. And now? It's all still in Texas. It isn't sitting on top of me, weighing me down.

Now, I can breathe again.

I guess the only thing left to do is get back into my writing routine. Or set up a writing routine. Something like that. LOL. That, and make sure I'm taking time to relax--whether it is through getting a massage, or going out with some friends, reading a good book, or even having someone do my nails.

Time to move on to the next thing that will add stress to my life. :)

What do you do when a heavy weight has been lifted out of your life? How do you celebrate? Do you have any advice for the next time I'm feeling like the world is going to crush me?

**Originally published at Lady Scribes**

No comments:

Post a Comment